CATZILLA: 'Chocnut' and The Suicidal Kitten Found Outside Our Office Building (27 February 2023)

Suicidal Kitten Found Outside Our Office Building (27 February 2023)
Suicidal Kitten Found Outside
Our Office Building (27 February 2023)

 




17 May 2023, Wednesday 11:21 PM


Oh dear. As much as I want to stop taking in rescue cats, sometimes it cannot be avoided! One reason is the fear of introducing virus, which wiped away my babies in July-August 2022. The second reason is that more cats means more mouths to feed and less quality to each cat. Last reason maybe is that the more cats, the more scattered my focus is to all of them; unlike when we used to have three rescue cats only and they get all the attention and treats (now Pepper is the only original cat left).


In 21 February 2023 (Tuesday), while walking to work a guard told me that there was a couple in black vehicle that dropped their cat along Speaker Perez Street. Later that day, I saw the cat crying as if its soul was departing its body. Knowing that it was a house cat all its life, she looked very vulnerable on the streets. So I asked her to follow me while walking, and she did. Once we got to the street corner of our home, I carried her all the way to my room, later naming her Chocnut. For a newcomer... she made herself feel at home, and she sits around our chairs as if she's been here all her life!


Three days later (Friday), I found this white kitten outside our office when I left work for home. I gave some food and hoped its mother would come by. By Monday, she was still there and exhibiting suicidal behavior. This female kitten kept lying on the side of the road where cars pass. Even if the guard kept taking her to the entrance where it is safe, the kitten just kept going back to the road! By lunch time, I finally took the kitten home.


Once at home, I didn't want to commit the same mistake of taking her in too soon, and she looked to have some virus symptoms. She slept in a cage in our garage, while our friendly dog was watching her. Two days later, I saw her for the last time before going to work. When I returned home for lunch, she was already dead. It pains to see her go, but it is somehow comforting to have closure that at least this kitten died quietly and with dignity, rather than a violent death on the road. 


From 2018 to present, I have seen around 14 cat deaths around our home, due to car accidents. Some of them very gruesome, I only witnessed two car accidents unfold before me and it still traumatized me until today. If I could foster them temporarily and find them a home, then it would a wonderful ending for everyone. But given how much unspayed cats give litter, it's just impossible to give home to all of them. =(





Chocnut's Photo Album

https://photos.app.goo.gl/roFaB11fbMsK6H2YA



If the video below doesn't play

you can watch directly on YT:

https://youtu.be/dYQFsmIOsls


# # # E N D # # #


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you will leave a comment on my post, kindly DO NOT insert any links. It will be deleted immediately.