RATZILLA (VIDEO): Thoriel, my giant Wild x Wild Rat

thoriel, ratzilla, wild rat, rattus norvegicus, brown rat, pet rat, lady rattus, rattus choki
See what a beautiful and slender creature he is? Don't judge!






And here's an excerpt from the same video.
I heard a sound at the background and decided to investigate...






Today, here's a little something I wanna share about my ultra-cute wild rat. It's WILD by definition if you'd look at both its parents who were both wild (one raised as orphaned pinkie, the other with wild history), but Thoriel is actually raised in captivity and love since birth.

Thoriel, wild rat, Ratzilla
He's doing well running around on my shoulder.



Some of you might remember that I have adopted a wild rat last year named Thor. Now Thoriel is his descendant and I'm glad he has a good temperament! He's also quite large compared to the black domesticated ones here with me. He's not super large like those wild boys who occasionally give us a visit, but close enough, and he's also heavy!

Thoriel, wild rat, Ratzilla
Such beautiful eyes!



It's been a long road since my first experience in handling wild rats, and Thoriel has a really friendly temperament that slightly eluded the other boys (the others tend to be possessive). 

Thoriel, wild rat, Ratzilla


Another thing that I take pride of is the agouti color. Agouti is commonly found in animals in the wild (ex. deer). Normally, it's a reddish brown with hint of yellow and grey. Some have variations of this agouti color, which results in stronger orange or yellow in the coat,  and is referred to as 'fiery agouti'. This happens to my agoutis as they age.

Thoriel, wild rat, Ratzilla



Did you know that I was afraid of rats? I'd scream my lungs out when I used to see one meters away. So finally in 2009, my perception of them changed alot and I think they're very beautiful creatures created by evolution! Sometimes I really contemplate they're just about the size of a teddy bear so that they're large enough to hug with all the warmth from my breasts! Smooches! xoxo

Can you NOT see the beautiful contours of its body? Its elegant pose?
Whoever says that this is a hideous creature does not have a heart!



PS. Sometimes it's disheartening when we get negative reactions. But it's okay, because that's the purpose of this blog... to present pet rats in a different light so that people would understand them more. If you have rat questions, please feel free to ask =)