SCRIBBLES: Get your NBI Clearance in less than half an hour! (2014 vs 2018)

NBI Clearance, online application
Now don't panic! Because we bring good news for you! Read on...


20 July 2014 - original date of publication
14 September 2018 - updated



Getting an NBI Clearance? I've heard of horror stories that many people would come in as early as 4am and all the stress of falling in line. Hopefully, no one would experience that kind of horror story because the National Bureau of Investigation has expedited the process since January of 2014. No more mile-long queue, no more waiting for hours, no more stress. Just a beautiful new you.

It's 2018 now and I've updated this article with new details below. All you have to do is drop by https://clearance.nbi.gov.ph and then register. The new website (2018) is actually very intuitive, much easier and convenient to use than when I last visited in 2014. Now it's even more convenient because you can now have it delivered to your home!

The website will greet you with this advisory.

For new users, you can register from the home page.

You need to fill up personal details. Some of them can never be changed forever.
From this page, you can also click 'Apply For Clearance' to get your certificate.


Select your BRANCH, then pick a SCHEDULE.
Then choose a PAYMENT OPTION.
========================================

I wrote this article in 2014.
It was a revolutionary update
from NBI at the time.
Plenty of things have changed,
it's been 4 years
since I originally wrote this.

The section that follows
below until the end
was the original article,
for archive purposes.

========================================

My experience (2014)

I filled up their online form then after completing it, saved the Reference Number and printed a copy of the Form. The next day, I just dropped by the NBI Branch in UN (no need for appointment), and told the staff at the door that I'm an online applicant. They told me to go directly to Step 3 (Cashier/Payment), and afterward, to Step 4 (Scanning and Photo ID). No need to bring anything, just 2 sets of valid government IDs. It only took me less than half an hour during this visit... and this already includes falling in line!

I was scheduled to get my result after 3 working days. After presenting the Receipt to the Releasing (Step 5) at the 2nd floor, they printed out the result and my visit was over in less than a minute! The whole process went smoothly and I want to say congrats to NBI for this successful effort!

*I timed my arrival around 3pm on both visits, thinking that there won't be much people by that time.*


========================================

My feedback about the website (2014)

Filling up the online form was very intuitive, but what to do after completing the form... that, they need to make clear. Here are the questions that they need to address and make clear:
  1. Do I need to wait for an appointment or can I just go straight to the nearest NBI the next day?
  2. Where can I pay other than at the NBI Cashier? Or is it THE only way to pay?
  3. Is there a cut-off period for the online applicants?
  4. Does the online application have a validity date?
  5. Can I apply online more than once? Like if I already submitted and realized afterward that I made a mistake?
  6. Can all branches process online applicants?
  7. Other tips?

========================================

Procedure for online application of
NBI CLEARANCE (2014)

  1. Go to their official website to fill up your information. (CLICK HERE for the online form).
  2. Kindly fill up the blank fields. For Nickname and AKA, do not leave blank and use a dash "-".
  3. Click on SUBMIT.
  4. Once completed, don't to forget to save your Reference Code.
  5. Printing the form is optional. Click on the green button that says 'Print Application', it will take you to another window. Right click on that page and choose 'Print...'. If it doesn't fit into one page, change the 'Paper Size' to 'Legal'. Then click on 'Save'. You're done!
  6. You can drop by your nearest NBI branch the next day. No need to set an appointment.
  7. NBI in UN is open from Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm.
  8. But before that, don't forget to bring 2 valid IDs (eg. SSS, Postal ID, Passport, Company ID)
  9. Once you arrive, tell them that you're an online applicant. They would direct you to go to Step 3 Cashier/Payment.
  10. Proceed to Step 4: Scanning and ID. They would take your photo and scan your fingerprints. They would issue the receipt afterwards, including date of release.
  11. When returning to get your result, go to Step 5: Releasing. Present the receipt and they'd print it in less than a minute.
  12. Congrats, you're done!

*NBI Clearance fees vary, but it's P115.00 for Local Employment.*

NBI Clearance online application
Here are the requirements and fees. 

NBI Clearance online application
The processing time here does not include the time you have to wait at the queue.


========================================

FAQ (for) you! READ! READ! READ!

Q: I'm currently located outside of the Philippines...
A: Only those who are currently in the Philippines can use the Online Application. Again, if you're outside of the Philippines, this is not applicable for you.

Q: Can I get a representative?
A: No. It should be YOU to go in person. 

Q: Can I get my NBI Clearance on Saturday?
A: Online application is anytime. NBI branches are only open from Mondays thru Fridays, from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm.

Q: Can I just present the Reference Code and not the printed copy of the online form?
Y: Yes.

Q: Some branches are faster in processing online applications?
A: I can't say anything about it since the NBI in UN is the only branch I go to.

Q: Does my online application have a validity date?
A: It doesn't say so in the official website, but much better if you could work your paper the following day after completing the form. Remember, procrastination is your enemy.

Q: I tried to print the form but it's in 2 pages.
A: You could actually adjust the top and bottom margin to 0.25" so it would fit into one page.

Q: After accomplishing the online form, what now?
A: You won't get any notification for appointment, just drop by the next day if you could. Tell the staff that you're an online applicant so you could jump directly to Payment and Scanning/ID.

Q: I made a mistake on my first form. Is it ok to fill up another form?
A: It's okay, as long as you present the Reference Code with the correct info.



# # # E N D # # #