RATZILLA: A memory trip to Cartimar Pet Center (January 3, 2015)

Cartimar Pet Center
Located just between LRT Libertad and Gil Puyat.
It's just along Taft Avenue and walking distance from LRT Libertad station.





The famed Cartimar Pet Center. It's everyone's pet heaven, the place where you find all your pets' needs in one place. I rarely visit this place and it's usually 3 or more years in between. Yikes! But every time I go here it's like a magical trip to fairyland and makes me feel like a kid again... I'm not the least ashamed to say it! =)

Cartimar Pet Center



As far back as can be drawn from my warm fuzzy memories, I think my first visit was in 1992/3. We just left from the Nayong Pilipino (it was shut down in 2001 but resurrected in 2014) that time, and it's been a wonderful day! Just like any other kid when we arrived at Cartimar, my eyes almost popped out at the sight of pets everywhere.


I WANT THEM ALL!!!

Cartimar Pet Center

Cartimar Pet Center
So many cute critters inside... I wanna have them all!



Things change. I remember that the place used to be open air over 20 years ago, but now it's a covered structure. It's good for visiting buyers because it prevents heat but I guess it's also good for the pets there.

Cartimar Pet Center



Sometimes we just take things for granted and never notice the small details that are part of our history. That's why taking photos is important. It's like a journal for me where I could look back someday and say "Hey it used to be this and that... oh I remember this... wow I remember a few spots where I bought them, etc"

Cartimar Pet Center



Have you been here before? If not, you SHOULD visit at least once in your lifetime. Many kinds of pets can be found here as well as grooming services for our pets. Oh dear, there are rats for sale but they're albinos. Would I be able to find a blue dumbo someday???

Cartimar Pet Center
Here's the aquatic pets section. I remember back in 1996 there used to be more of them...

Cartimar Pet Center
I think the Love Birds were doing something... am I being intrusive?

Cartimar Pet Center
She's a thing of beauty



Accessories, food, and pet health stuff are also here. How about if I buy a new cat cage with several layers for my rats, and then just protect the cage with mesh wire around it?

Cartimar Pet Center
This cat cage is P3,500... is it a bargain?
Looks like an ideal height because rats love to climb.

Cartimar Pet Center

Cartimar Pet Center

Cartimar Pet Center
Couldn't find those treats with Glucosamine and Chondroitin for my old rats.
But I found these affordable goodies.

Cartimar Pet Center
I got some treats for my rats... mutton flavored.

Cartimar Pet Center
They love it!

Cartimar Pet Center



What else do we have in the area? There's the orchidarium, the food center, a shopping center and an SM Hypermarket. Since I rarely go to Cartimar, I took the liberty to stay for a few more hours until evening. Later, there was a slight mishap while rearranging the cacti for the camera and I accidentally pricked my finger. Hu hu hu.

Cartimar Pet Center

Cartimar Pet Center

Cartimar Pet Center

Cartimar Pet Center

Cartimar Pet Center

Cartimar Pet Center

Cartimar Pet Center

Cartimar Pet Center
There's the food center for the tired and hungry beavers

Cartimar Pet Center

Cartimar Pet Center



Maybe I'm just a sentimental person who's always emotionally attached to people or things and the type of person who thrives on the past. But hey, you gotta cherish your memories!

Cartimar Pet Center

Cartimar Pet Center



Makeup used: (This is an advertisement)
BYS Luminizing Primer
FS Two Way Cake in Duchess
Fashion 21 Eyebrow Gel in Light Brown
FS Eyeshadow in Ruby Stone
FS Powder Blush in Silky Coral
Fashion 21 Color Mood Lipstick in Fever Pink




Be a Bro and follow Lady Rattus!