CATZILLA: My Tiger Cat Was Run Over By A Car!!!

My Tiger Cat Was Run Over By A Car!!!
My Tiger Cat Was Run Over By A Car!!!





06 March 2018


Back in September 2017 along Manila Baywalk in Roxas Boulevard, I found Tiger as an orphaned month old baby cat. She kept crying and following me around, so it really broke my heart and I cradled her in my arms the whole day. Even when shooting the sunset, I was still cradling her in one arm. We would never part again because she won me over. I would take her home even if nobody wanted another cat, but I felt a commitment and responsibility for her, after all, she kept running toward me, and I'm not gonna use fate as a reason.





On February 14th past 9PM, Tiger was run over by a car right in front of my eyes!!! She was chased by an outsider cat when she crossed the street to feed on some leftovers that someone left. She got confused and was in an unfortunate path. I was repotting some new plants bought that night from Farmer's Garden in Cubao. As I turned to look at an approaching car, there Tiger ran under it, then I saw her fly up into the air, growling and crawling with her hind legs seemingly paralyzed. Her body was cold and she was in a trauma. 

Have you heard me screaming from the top of my lungs out of anger because all the clinics were already closed and there was no one to run to? It looks like this was the least evil as her hind legs seem to be the problem area, I'm glad it wasn't the head! She was left in a lying position, then occasionally rubbing her to promote blood circulation. Persistent physical therapy seems to improve her lot.

She got better and more responsive the next day. 3 days later, she seemed to do even better and could already walk on her own. Up to that point, she was limp and we had to nurse her every time she wanted to relieve herself or eat. A week later, she already begins to run around.

Tiger was a very hyperactive cat and there are so many things beyond my control even if I barricaded all her paths (she would find ways to climb out the gate and prowl the streets). It was always a concern for me, and the people in the house wouldn't allow her inside but the other siamese cat. Now there's a change of heart and I forcibly try to keep her in the house so she won't roam the streets anymore.

Few minutes before the accident.
Tiger was snooping around on what I'm doing.

5 hours later, I found it hard to sleep and had to keep watch until 6AM when someone else was awake for the next shift.

10 days after the accident. She's doing much better by then.




# # # E N D # # #

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you will leave a comment on my post, kindly DO NOT insert any links. It will be deleted immediately.