LIPS: FS Luscious Lipstick in 'Matte Fuchsia' (Creamy + Matte Shades)

FS Luscious Lipstick
FS Luscious Lipstick


2013.08.02 - First published.
2019.12.17 - Re-written from scratch.



FS Luscious Lipstick

Bought: PhP 299.00 (2013)
SPF: None
Scent: Coconut Milk
Texture: Matte / Creamy
Net Weight: 4g
Made in Taiwan

This is a review for the old version of the FS Luscious Lipstick that came out in May 2013 (I will soon publish a review for the new version). Matte lipsticks were my cup of tea, so I was deciding among Scarlet, Fuchsia and Twig. I bought the fuchsia one on 20 July 2013.

The FS logo was embedded on the tip of their lipstick bullet. The casing does look and feel cheap though, compared to their other offerings. The lipstick is lightly scented with delicious creamy coconut milk scent. It contains coconut oil derivative and Vitamin E. This matte lipstick does not feel drying at all. It feels light and creamy on the lips.

I find that pigmentation leans toward the disappointment side though. You need to swipe two layers to make it opaque and it doesn't apply evenly. Sometimes I get a patchy look after a few hours. It leaves me with ombre lips effect after just a light meal, and needs re-application every three hours. It's disappointing for a matte lipstick, and considering FS is the premium brand of the Aido/F21/FS siblings.

The Luscious Lipstick consists of 9 creamy shades and 9 matte shades to suite individual tastes. The Matte Fuchsia wears red with a blue undertone on my lips (more like red wine than fuchsia).

Hmmm... being a fan of FS lipsticks, I was very disappointed with this matte lipstick! Their creamy testers gave a better impression compared to the matte variants. Anyway, I found redemption around 2015 when I bought their then-new Colorrific Lipstick in Vivid Lavender, that is the one I'm sticking to, and for the purple lovers.

UPDATE: FS seems to have overhauled the designs of their products around 2015, even the re-brand to FS 'Features and Shades'. The new version of the Luscious Lipstick has a more premium design and the matte lipstick (Noir) has better performance and richer pigmentation, and minus the coconut extract. Their sister brand Aido Cosmetics is now using this design.




# # # E N D # # #