FACE: Fashion 21 Cake Foundation (Water-Activated)

Fashion 21 Cake Foundation (Water-Activated)
Fashion 21 Cake Foundation (Water-Activated), Shade #6


2013.05.03 - First published
2019.11.01 - Re-written from scratch



Fashion 21 Cake Foundation (Water-Activated)
"Our classic cake foundation gives you a smooth, shine-free complexion. It also contains SPF +20 PA+++ to protect your skin from intense sunlight—this is a beauty product that packs a punch! Apply any of the six available shades with your fave Fashion 21 sponge and you’re ready to face the day."

Retail: PhP 185.00
SPF: SPF 20 PA++
Scent: Sandalwood
Coverage: Full 
Net Weight: 35 grams
Made in Taiwan

Nabili ako ng Fashion 21 Cake Foundation back in 18 February 2013. The foundation comes in a big but very simple black casing and a fragrant sandalwood aroma. It is bigger than the other local pan cake foundation. The powder foundation is applied by water-activation. Meaning you use a moist sponge to apply to the face. 

The first three shades appear to have pinkish undertone and light shades. The next two are deep yellow-based tones for moreno skin tone. The last one #6, was a yellow-based shade that is the closest match but still much too light for my golden-beige skin tone.

When I checked the manufacturing date, it was only two months old when I bought it. However, this foundation frequently gave me zit symphony (I rarely get zits from makeup!). I stopped for three weeks and resumed using this product, then zits again. Boo!

The foundation has a super fine powder texture when swatched with my fingers, unlike other cake foundation that are like solid bricks. It does apply smoothly onto my face but leaves a strong white mask, no matter how I blend it. Coverage is good, but it does very poorly with oil control, easily oxidizes, and leaves shimmery bits on my skin.

Because of its effect, I think it would be wonderful to save it for photoshoots. Their two way cake and variants perform much better for events and daily wear.


02 March 2013. With my one hot afternoon.
I regret using it that day, had to frequently touch-up.

February 2013
Fashion 21 Cake Foundation #6
San San Eyebrow Pencil - Dark Brown
Wet n Wild Megalast Matte Lipstick - Sugar Plum Fairy

# # # E N D # # #

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you will leave a comment on my post, kindly DO NOT insert any links. It will be deleted immediately.