The 18th Philippine Pride March (8 December 2012)

Photo courtesy of Task Force Pride




2012.12.09 - Published
2021.08.29 - Re-written



This is my first time to attend this event or any major event throughout my life, and I'm attending on my own since my friend couldn't make it. I actually got lost, not knowing the place. At the time of the event, it was the first time to be held outside of their home venue. Among the objectives of this event were to implement LGBT friendly policies in schools and the workplace and to gather more supporters and allies for the cause.

All of us have a right to be who or what we are. To forcibly bend other people's will is an oppression of their humanity. Above all teachings of religion, LOVE is always the word that they come to. 

I do get sick and tired of this religious indoctrination in schools and at home, teaching that homosexuality is a sin, is unnatural, is condemned by God. Jesus effing Christ, read science discoveries. Homosexuality, sex change and masturbation, among many other things, were well documented to be common in the wild. These are naturally occuring phenomenon. 

I recall reading an article in 2020 that homosexuality is even written in the genes. If religious people are saying homosexuality is a perversion, these bigots ought to know that they are the ones being unnatural and a perversion. 

Myself being a gay, have been self-aware of this identity as early as four years old. At that age, I have already been lusting for the same sex, and muscle men have always been my thing. Was I influenced by media or people? No, I remember well that it just came naturally. Albeit hiding it all my life for fear of persecution and that people would often pick on my being effeminate and soft. 

This is my documentation...
2:47PM, arrival.
3:00PM, parade assembly. 
4:00PM, returning to the grounds, introductory speeches
5:00PM, start of program

Photo courtesy of Task Force Pride

Agree. Stop thinking of us like it's something you can cure or remedy.
Homosexuality is who we are and nothing can change it!

Photo courtesy of Jake Jereza


Now everyone is back to the ground.




All I brought was 100 Pesos, a bottle of freshly brewed green tea and my camera.
The snack corner of the bazaar was very scrumptious,
but my budget falls on a stick of yummy kwek-kwek.


# # # E N D # # #